Saturday, May 14, 2011
Blog Entry #3: Mashups and Copyright Law
1. What is this mashup trying to communicate? Is it technical experiment, social or political commentary, a comedic parody, or an abstract work of media art?
I think this mashup is a social commentary work of media art. Social commentary is the act of refusing to obey an individual or a group of people. Since both songs seem to be rebellious and because of the way the characters in Glee sing this song, I think this mashup would fall into this category.
2. Did its creator follow or break copyright laws in its production?
I don't think the creator of this mashup broke any copyright laws in its production. This is because both songs were tweaked in a way that it wasn't exactly like its original form. Also, there was no use of any original footage.
3. Do you think that mashup like this requires copyright permission? Why or why not.
Even though this mashup doesn't break any copyright laws, I still think that it requires copyright permission since I'm aware that Glee songs like these are distributed through iTunes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment