Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blog Entry #5: Digital Actors

1. Is this acting or is this animation?

I  think acting is being done in the movie Avatar. Animations can be done in this movie, however I think there is still a lot of acting done because there should be certain movements characters make in the movie that will be difficult to animate. Acting doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be speaking.

2. Do you think that animated character should be eligible for acting awards?

I don't think animated characters should be eligible for acting awards since they aren't real beings. Maybe those who created these animated characters can be eligible for some type of acting award, but not the actual animated characters because it would be unfair to real life actors who work hard.

3. Do you think that human actors will ever become obsolete? Why or why not?

Although animated movies are enjoyable, I don't think animated characters can ever replace human actors. Unlike animated films, real life films are more believable and easier to relate to and that's why I think they are more successful. Studying the way actors act is way different from studying animated characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment