Saturday, May 14, 2011
Blog Entry #6: Logo Parodies that speak the truth
1. Describe the logo using the language of the Elements and Principles of Design.
This logo consists of organic shapes. There are also several different tints and shades of green being used in this logo. I think there is dominance in this logo since it seems as if the British Petroleum logo is emphasized by the colour green.
2. Describe the symbols used in the logo. Why did the graphic artist use such imagery?
The symbols being used in this logo is the British Petroleum logo and water. I believe that the curved lines underneath the BP logo is meant to represent water. I also think the dark colours in this logo is meant to represent the oil that's contaminating our water.
3. What does this logo say of BP's coroporate identity?
This logo shows that British Petroleum is harming our environment by contaminating our water. This logo is able to capture this message through the words beyond penetration. These words are great because they fit perfectly with the initials of British Petroleum which is why I really liked this logo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You described the logo very well and your explanation of the different use of contrasting colours and shapes helped me interpret the logo in a different way. I also like this logo very much as well.
ReplyDelete